Whether or not you’re at more risk of getting into a Dallas accident on a motorcycle depends on many factors. What is always true is that your chances of being injured in a car wreck are much higher if you’re on a motorcycle instead of in an enclosed vehicle. Your first line of defense is to plan on getting hit, as grim as it may sound. This means:
- Wearing a helmet
- Assuming no other drivers see you
- Staying out of blind spots
- Staying a bit ahead of or behind packs of cars
Motorcyclists have to be extra aware of where other cars are on the road. Even though you have the same right to the road that any other vehicle has, you may find that other drivers don’t always respect that fact. If you’re injured because of a driver not respecting your right to the road, an accident personal injury lawyer may be the best option for you. Motorcycle wrecks can cause significant injury and, of course, that means significant bills. There are some good ways that you can avoid getting into one of these wrecks, however, and keep yourself safe.
- Dusk and dawn are dangerous times to drive, avoid them
- Keep to the smaller roads, if possible
- Wear bright colors, especially at night
- Some clothes have reflective elements, these provide superior visibility
- Always have your lights on, even in the daylight hours
- Keep an eye on the temperature and avoid driving in conditions where ice may form
- Watch for cars crossing your line of travel, especially at intersections
If you are in a wreck, call your vehicle accident lawyer as soon as possible. Call them before you call your insurance carrier to report the accident. While your insurance company may come through and help with your bills due to the accident, they do have an interest in not paying out anything at all. Remember that not every claim filed for a car wreck is going to win, but that visiting an attorney may help you to figure out if you have a case.
Some attorneys will meet with you for free. This is usually part of a contingency agreement, where the attorney represents you and only gets paid if they win your case. This arrangement allows you to pursue your case at no financial risk, even if it goes to court.
RASANSKY LAW FIRM
2525 McKinnon Street
Dallas, Texas 75201
CALL US AT 1-877-331-4156