Gas prices are on the rise and so are purchases of more fuel-efficient two-wheelers.
did a story earlier this week about the booming motorcycle and scooter business in Dallas. It’s no surprise that more and more Dallas commuters are parking their pickup trucks and SUVs and donning a helmet and gloves.
Here are a few safety tips for drivers of motorcycles and scooters to help prevent a Dallas car accident:
- Always do an inspection of your scooter or motorcycle before riding.
- Make sure you stay clear of automobile drivers’ blind spots.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing – especially if riding at night.
- Check your speed. Many reported moped accidents are the result of speeding.
- Remember that you stop more quickly than standard vehicles. Make sure there is enough space between you and the person following you. If they are tailgating, change lanes and let them pass!
These safety tips and more can be found here.
Drive safely, Dallas!