Traffic alert! – WFAA just reported that a three vehicle accident on I-30 has resulted in a 3 mile backup on the eastbound lanes near the Trinity River.
A semi-truck, an SUV, and a pick up truck were all involved in this accident which has sent several people to the hospital. No further details are available at this time.
Need an alternate route east? As a downtown Dallas resident, I recommend the following:
- Heading East on I-30:
- Exit N. Cockrell Hill Road and drive north.
- Curve right as N. Cockrell Hill turns into La Reunion Parkway.
- Continue east on La Reunion to Westmoreland.
- Drive past Westmoreland – La Reunion now becomes Commerce.
- Take Commerce to Villbig Road.
- Because traffic reports indicate that Commerce becomes log jammed after that, turn right on Villbig and head south (back toward I-30).
- Before reaching I-30, turn left onto Fort Worth Avenue.
- Continue east on Fort Worth. It eventually intersects with Commerce. You will have to sit in about a 1/4 mile traffic crossing the Trinity at this point.
- Once you are over the Trinity, continue east on Commerce through downtown Dallas, past US-75, and into Deep Ellum.
- Once through Deep Ellum, take a right on Exposition (heading south) and jump back on I-30 East!
Our thoughts and prayers are with those injured in this afternoon’s car accident. For those of you trying to navigate the gridlock, drive safely!